The text and paintings on The Trowbridge Chronicles are taken from the illustrated journal of Violet Trowbridge, a shrew that once lived in a village deep in the Olympic Rain Forest. Each new post will represent a portion of Mrs. Trowbridge’s journal.

Friday, June 22, 2012


Mrs. Trowbridge devoted a lot of space in her journal to explaining and sketching everyday life in Huckleberry Hollow. This is one that I selected to show how the creatures in Huckleberry Hollow led such a simple life. Maybe there's a lesson here for the rest of us. 

Check out my other blog: Bron Smith's Flights of Fantasy There you'll see the Little Beasties that I'm drawing  for my new kids book. Enjoy!


paula said...

Simple life, but detailed! Has me wanting to visit Huckleberry Hollow and help out with the cleaning!

Andrew W. Moir said...

Very well done as always--especially, if I remember correctly, because you hand-letter everything, am I right? :)

Creations By Mit said...

I'd love to buy one of those pots! And I'm sorry to say, I am not nearly as familiar with MY broom as Mrs Trowbridge! I just love this charming little world you've created!