The text and paintings on The Trowbridge Chronicles are taken from the illustrated journal of Violet Trowbridge, a shrew that once lived in a village deep in the Olympic Rain Forest. Each new post will represent a portion of Mrs. Trowbridge’s journal.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

PORTRAIT CLOSEUP

It has been suggested that Mrs. Trowbridge's portrait of Mrs. Fernwick was too small, and much of the detail was impossible to see in such a small image. I know in last week's journal page it was impossible to see her expensive ruby ring, and other accoutrements of her lavish gown. So I digitally removed the parchment background that Mrs. T worked on and enlarged the image so that you could see her fine detailing better on a white background. I'll bring Mrs. T back as often as I can. I'm out of town for the next two weeks so I'm temporarily out of commission. Enjoy.

13 comments:

Kim de Young said...

So glad you managed to get this close up of Mrs.Trowbridge, her Ruby Ring and Attire derserved a second viewing!

TXArtcGal said...

I'm sorry I missed your portrait image...but, glad i found it now!!

Awesome to see Mrs. Trowbridge back!!...and what an awesome portrait. She sure is pretty, and quite classy!

The Tart said...

Very sweet! I will take my time to read her stories. Take care in the meantime!

Christine Lim said...

Just coming back agin to check Mrs T out. Well, she didn't disapoint me at all. :)

valerie walsh said...

i just love those accoutrements!

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comment, I look forward to see more of Trowbridge Chronicles....
this humorous portrait is really finely detailed, great great stuff!

Ginger*:) said...

Oh Violet... I have missed you so much! Your journal and commentary on the life you lead and the wonderful characters you are acquainted with are sorely missed. Mrs. Fernwick could not have found a better artist for her portrait and I am certain without a doubt that Mr. Fernwick was awestuck by her beauty. How nice that she wore his gift on her left hand. And I might add that Mrs. Shellwick looks not only striking in her new shell tattoo but a bit demure as well.

Unknown said...

Hey Bron, Miss seeing your illustrations. Maybe you could start another IF blog that you could just upload quick sketches to? Just a thought! Someday when you have more time maybe. I love the close up of Mrs Trowbridge and her finery.

Amy Zaleski said...

What a great idea ~ I love seeing the details. Will look forward to Mrs. T's posts whenever we're lucky enough to have them!

HARDWAX said...

Mrs.Fernwick looks quite lovely and expensive [in a dignified way] in her ruby ring and violet dress and hat-a beautiful vision-Mrs.Trowbridge did a wonderful job, and I like to see all the details in the piece.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely portrait Mrs. Trowbridge painted of her friend! A quite lovely pose! I wonder if Mrs. Fernwick will return the favor bestowed on her and create some artwork for Mrs. Trowbridge? And I wonder what her artistic style is like! Maybe it is quite different then Mrs. Trowbridge's or maybe she works in an unconventional medium.

Both illustrations are wonderful as always and I now there is a ration on time but I do hope we do get more little morsels of this wonderful world you have created!

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

I love how she is posing, and her outfit is just fabulous!

Tricky Trev said...

That's great! Nice expression...